Cowboy [Cartoon] Updates

With my flight back home leaving tomorrow, I’ve had little time to work on my FMP since finishing my internship. But with packing, sharing goodbyes, and obtaining the necessary documents done, I decided to fill some extra hours by getting back into that cowboy shot that had frustrated me so much for nearly a month back in July.

I at first attempted to incrementally save vast changes to the animation, but after half a day, decided definitively that the problems lie in the very baseline timing and posing and I simply must start again, this time with a better reference, a better rig, better blocking.

Amy wears the sheriff badge- a relative of Dana. I’m a huge fan of these rigs. And I’m getting acquainted with Gorgeous George, having felt the last horse to be lifeless and difficult.

Though the deadline draws ever nearer, I am confident in this decision. I do not believe I could have achieved a satisfactory result with my original characters and animation. In a span of just two hours, I’ve blocked out a new animation with a new reference, and as my tiger shot took only four days, I believe I can eat that lost time by working harder and smarter on the cowboy shot for a better result.