Tiger Final Render

It’s unbelievable to me that I started and finished this in only four days and it’s hands down the best work on not only my FMP but also my showreel…. I feel giddy!!

Again, the wildest thing is how a year ago it took me four weeks to try and fail at a walk cycle, completely new to the software, fumbling around in the darkness.

I can’t come up with a critical analysis of this right now because there’s literally nothing I would change, I’m proud of all of it. I guess if I translate this to analysis, I can say again that I am most proud of my ability to demonstrate the character’s weight and force in each punch as well as deliberately timing the kicks and moment the punching bag hits him. Rigging and creating the bag itself gave me the opportunity to demonstrate weight, arcs, and timing. Between the punching bag and the tiger, there’s a satisfying juxtaposition between heavy and light weighting. It’s really all just good, good stuff. I’ve gotta celebrate this.

Next step is to create the realistic version of this- probably just a loosely related version with the samurai- and then I’ll theoretically be done with my FMP and ready to collect research data, in the final steps of my thesis…. however, what I really should do is go back and make that first cartoon cowboy shot look less abysmal. I’m dreading that because I’m so frustrated with how bad my work is there, but I know for a fact I can do well. I just did this week.