Dana Test Render (No Tracking) & Notes

This is a test render of my Dana animation to check that it all works correctly on the farm and won’t present an issue with crashing for days on end. It also helps me get one more look at my work and spot any last changes.

The hands definitely snap back up a little bit too fast before the “mm-hmm.”

Next step (aside from fixing this) is tracking my footage and putting the scene & Nuke composition together. This is usually easier said than done. I’m also so proud of this animation that I can’t even decide on footage to track for the background- I’m thinking maybe just blurry city skyline + add in some 3D assets in the foreground. Normally I choose my footage before I decide what the animation will be, but 3DE has been down on VMWare for some time and it does not work on my home computer. As it’s still down, I’ll resume my work on Clara before I move on to my tracking for Dana. If I finish both at the same time it may be a good thing- to take a bit of a break from animation before I move on to either the realism segment of the cowboy project or start my third and final pairing.

EDIT- minor, of course, but I may want to update the texture on that phone so it looks like she’s actually on a call