Collab Group 3/11/21 Catch Up Call

With only two weeks left to go of our collab unit, we’ve got a lot left to cover before the project’s due date on the 25th. For me, personally, there’s three things that I need to do:

• Go into Act 1 Shot 1 and finish the animation on the spaceship- the VFX team has finished constructing the setup and all that still needs to be done is the simple animation. When this is done, I’ll render it out, and deliver it to the sound design team, and we’ll have our first finished shot by the middle of the week. Yay!
  • For the spaceship landing shot in Act 1 Shot 2, Antoni mentioned to me that he’d prefer if the ship hovers over the ground for a little bit longer to convey weight. I’m going to tweak that animation a bit and send it over to him. He’s said that he can work on his simulation without the animation needing to be done, so this takes a second priority after the Act 1 Shot 1 work.
  • Kamil and I need to match up our character positioning for Shots 5 & 6 for continuity purposes. I’ve already worked on Shot 4, which involves Jordan walking to the place she will be in Shot 5, so I need to take a look into Kamil’s file and reposition the character.

As for the rest of the group, the VFX team is working on an exhaust fume simulation for the buggy instead of tire tread marks, and Kamil is finishing up his work at the end of Act 1. The sound design team will be able to put their work into Act 1 Shot 1 as soon as it’s rendered out.

I’m very excited to see our first finished shot, and will update this blog with it as soon as it’s done!