Showreel Polishing: The Knight

(brief)

This one was very difficult. I’ve come pretty far since I made it, and I had a very cursory knowledge of how to use a rig when I first started. The graph editor was frankly all over the place and it was hard to untangle those wires. Not only that, but this rig still, to the best of my knowledge, has no toe roll ability, so I often ran into the issue of having to set several keys on each foot impact. This forces the legs to be a bit more jolty than I’d prefer. Even polished up for my showreel I wouldn’t say this is my best work and if I had time I would rather pick a different rig to start over on in order to showcase my walk cycle ability. Nevertheless I worked on this for quite a while and I’d now consider it to be …..acceptable.

Fixes include making footfall more realistic/fixing feet touching the ground or glitching under it errors, cleaning up graph editor on the spine and hip swing, smoothing motion at the end in the final pose, bringing the root down in the middle so that the legs are never too outstretched, getting the fabric to fall a little bit more naturally at the end, and re-examining the head bob.